Do you need any inspiration in how to celebrate your anniversary with your partner? Perhaps a cruise is the perfect gift for both of you.
Anniversary cruises provide a great way to spend time together, visiting new places, getting pampered and socialising; On your return you are sure to feel refreshed and revitalised having treasured many unforgettable experiences together.
Of course cruising is a fantastic way of travelling as a couple. However, continue reading to discover exactly why a cruise could be the perfect way to celebrate your anniversary together.
If you are looking to celebrate your 50 years of wedding read all about the Golden anniversary.
How to celebrate your anniversary cruises?
Let’ s say you have booked your cruise, now you can select all the extra options to make your anniversary even better experience. Here are some ideas.
- Special welcome: you can surprise your spouse by expressing to the cruise line that you would like a bottle of champagne in your cabin upon your arrival.
- SPA sessions: you can book your SPA session before departure to avoid disappointment. Your partner will love a relaxing massage and a dive into the whirlpool.
- Romantic dinner: you can ask for a custom candle light dinner on deck for your special day.The romantic ambience of the waves crashing around you, the candle lit dinner and stunning views are sure to impress your other half. Additionally, you may want to ask a member of staff to deliver a present to the table.
- Breakfast in bed: you can surprise your other half from the moment they wake up with breakfast in bed thanks to the room service facility on board
- Surprise delivery: heading back from a tiring excursion? Why don’t you ask for chocolates and afternoon tea directly to your cabin? You can even ask for rose petals to be scattered on the bed to make it even more romantic.
Remember that the availability of the option depends on the single cruise line conditions.
Which is the best cruise line for cruise anniversaries?
The answer to this question isn’t an easy one, it depends on the type of experience you are looking for. See below for some suggestions according to what matters more on your cruise anniversary.
- Luxury style cruising: In this case you are looking to pull out all the stops to impress your partner. You will experience top class service and some of the finest cuisine. If this is the case you may want to address your search towards Oceania or Cunard cruises. You may also want to take a look at the luxury river cruises which offer a very high standard of luxury whilst being able to enjoy the intimacy of a small ship.
- Modern luxury cruising: if you are still looking for the luxurious aspect of cruising but like the idea of having lots of activities onboard you may want to look into Celebrity Cruises which are both modern and luxurious ships.
- Value for money: whilst still ensuring you celebrate your anniversary at the highest standard possible you may want to opt for either Cruise & Maritime Voyages or Fred Olsen Cruises, they both offer a traditional British style of cruising at incredible prices.
- Fun and new experiences: Royal Caribbean seems to be the right fit with its extremely well equipped cruise ships. You can experience a vast amount of different activities that you have always wanted to do, such as sky diving!
- Cultural enrichment: if you really want to learn more about history of the places you visit you should opt for cruises offering experienced guest speakers and educational excursions, such as Voyages of discovery, Voyages to Antiquity and Swan Hellenic.
- Food experience: for fine dining and specialty meals prepared by star rated chefs, the ideal option is to keep yourself updated with the latest guest chefs onboard various cruise lines. However, P&O Cruises feature top chefs on board all year round.
- Excursions: the discovery of the local history, art and culture are fundamental for your trip, so you should opt for a package which provides Free Excursions, for example all the cruises of Voyages to Antiquity includes free guided tours.
Contact us if you desire to organise a special cruise for your anniversary: we can prepare everything for you.