Discover France through its scenic rivers and canals onboard one of seven luxury barges (or péniche hôtels as they are also known) from Belmond Afloat in France.
The barges accommodate from 4 to 12 guests, to guarantee an intimate experience.
There is a wide variety of itineraries on offer, all visiting spectacular destinations including Cote d’or, Burgundy, Franche-Comté, Saone, Provence, Vallée du Rhône and the Canal du Midi.
The cruise will be centred around you, and what you love doing. Would you like to fly in a hot air balloon, or go horse riding? Don't forget the incredible French wine, and culinary delights you will encounter throughout your trip!
Cruising on barges is ideal as a romantic gateway for couples or family holiday, the barges are available for private hire as well.
Why explore France on a Belmond barge?
- Return Mini-Van transfer or Train transfer from Paris to the river
- Champagne reception to welcome you on board
- All table d’hôte meals
- Complimentary beverages
- All excursions: tailored to your requirements
I’ll never tire of river life. I watch the world go by from my window. And not many people can say that they drive through some of the best vineyards in the world on their way to work in the morning,” says Nigel Bealing, General Manager of Belmond afloat in France.
Why not extend your stay in France? Explore France in greater depth before or after your cruise by extending your stay in Paris, Cannes, Nice or Bordeaux. Compliment this wonderful barge experience with world known hotels and Michelin star rated restaurants.
Meet the FleetOn each barge you can experience a different destination.
- Belmond Alouette: Carcassonne to Béziers cruising the Canal du Midi with its beautiful towns and historic sights. View ship>
- Belmond Amaryllis: Dijon to St-Léger visiting the great cities, vineyards and villages of Burgundy. View ship>
- Belmond Fleur de Lys: Dijon to Vandenesse-En-Auxois exploring the tranquil waterways linking Burgundy’s magnificent cities and elegant châteaux. View ship>
- Belmond Hirondelle: Besançon to Chagny discovering Franche-Comté, its wines and heritage of hidden France. View ship>
- Belmond Napoléon: Tain to Arles plying the majestic Rhône, taking in the culture and charm of Provence. View ship>