QEII Cruise Terminal - Berth 38/39
The terminal can be found off the A33, Platform Road in the Eastern Docks.
- By car, getting there is easy; just follow signage for Dock Gate 4, making sure to leave yourself extra time as traffic can get heavy during peak time.
- By rail Southampton Central is the nearest station. Around 2 miles from the terminal, a free bus does run between the station and Town Quay, but it’s still around a 15-20 minute walk – perhaps not so practical if you have a fair bit of luggage with you. Catching a taxi is the easiest option, as these can be found either side of the train station. It should cost around £6 - £7 (slightly higher over weekends and bank holidays) however luggage shouldn’t cost any extra.
- Private hire taxis can be booked by calling WestQuay Cars on 023 8099 9999
- The nearest airport is Southampton. While taxi’s are the quickest route to the port if you are flying in, trains to Southampton Airport Parkway, around a 5 minute walk from the airport, run frequently.
For those arriving in Southampton, there is an arrivals lounge with comfortable seating. Open to the public, this offers the opportunity for friends and family coming to meet you and wait inside in relative comfort.
Facilities in arrivals include standard and disabled access toilets, vending machines offering a limited range of drinks and snacks, as well as a magazine stand offering a range of complimentary magazines. Copies of Map & Guide to Southampton can also be found here – great for seeing what’s in walking distance as well as what’s on offer in the city.
Departures - A Quick Guide: Dropping off your Luggage
A large covered area for drop-off and luggage can be found near the terminal. If you are catching a taxi, or a family member is dropping you off, porters will help you with your luggage as you alight here. If you are parking, just head back here once you have parked. Staff will direct you where needed.
Grabbing a bite to eat
Café Ceanos operate in both the departures and arrivals at the QEII Cruise Terminal. Offering snacks, tea’s, coffees and alcohol for departing passengers, and fresh teas and coffees available at arrivals for all to enjoy.
Where to Park
A short stay pay and display car park is available opposite the terminal. Disabled bays, near the terminal entrance, must be booked in advance through ABP. Long stay parking can be found on-site, however it’s not available to purchase on the day; make sure to book in advance, as spaces can fill up during peak time.
After you’ve dropped your luggage off with the porters (making sure to keep any hand luggage, tickets and passports with you) head into the terminal for Check-in. Staff should be on hand to direct you.
Once checked-in, you will need to go through security before heading on through to the departure lounge.
Located on the first floor of the building, there is a range of facilities for you to take advantage of while waiting to board.
- Café Ceanos offers a range of hot, cold and alcoholic beverages, as well as hot and cold snacks.
- A stand offering complimentary magazines can also be found here, with ranges changing throughout the year.
- Comfortable seating, along with standard and disabled access toilets are also located here on the first floor.
Useful to Know
There are a few facilities missing; rather than wait until the last minute make sure that if you need any of the following...
...you will need to head over to Ocean Village or Oxford Street.
- Main number: 02380 656400
- Lost Property: 02380 656426
- 0207 092286
Royal Caribbean International
- 0207 6368426
Norwegian Cruise Line
- Lost Baggage: 07901 978175
- Main 0207 3706293
QEII Cruise terminal address
- Berth 38/39
- Dock Gate 4
- Eastern Docks
- SO14 3GG