Welcome to boutique cruising...
A new Saga cruise ship is on the horizon. Spirit of Discovery will launch in summer 2019.
Saga's Spirit of Discovery will offer a boutique British experience while sailing to inspiring destinations around Europe and further afield.
The intimately-sized vessel, carrying no more than 999 guests, offers spacious, all-balcony accommodation, over 100 dedicated single cabins, and the excellent service you'd expect from a Saga cruise. On Spirit of Discovery, Saga cruisers have never had so much choice when it comes to dining. Enjoy a fabulous meal in the traditional Grand Dining Room, choose from plenty of amazing dishes in the equally beautiful Verandah restaurant, or make your evening even more special by dining in one of the three complimentary speciality dining venues.
Spirit of Discovery at a glance...
999 passengers | 10 passenger decks | 540 Balcony cabins | Over 100 single cabins
- Grand Dining Room - main restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- The Verandah & Grill - alternative restaurant with in and outdoor dining spaces
- Coast to Coast - seafood speciality restaurant open for dinner service
- East to West - a further dinner-only restaurant serving innovative Asian cuisine
- The Club - steakhouse eatery
- The Living Room - a 'hub' offering coffee, snacks and full bar service
- The Playhouse - a 400-seat theatre with raked seating
- Britannia Lounge - show lounge for activities and entertainment day and night
- South Cape Bar - the ship's main bar
- The Library - with cafe, and additional craft and card rooms
- Aqua Spa - with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam and treatment rooms
- The Salon - hair and beauty centre
Other notable features include a full wraparound promenade and Terrace, outdoor pool, gymnasium, sports court and deck games, observation deck, and a shop.
- Get your cruise off to the best start with Saga's complimentary return chauffeur service to your UK departure point*
- Other complimentary options you could choose are free car parking near the port, coach or rail travel, or UK domestic flights
- Saga's fares also include optional travel insurance and additional cancellation rights, or a price reduction if not required
- When you've arrived at Dover or Southampton, let Saga's porters unload and carry your bags, free of charge
- Step onboard and enjoy a sailaway party with complimentary drinks
- From your first dining experience, all your meals and snacks are included, in every main and speciality restaurant
- You can say cheers with a varied selection of complimentary wines, served by the glass at lunch and dinner
- Plan your adventures ashore free of charge with the Explore Ashore team, including a free shuttle bus service at most ports*
- Back onboard, look forward to day and night entertainment, live shows, talks, classes and activities too, all at no extra charge
- Feel free to indulge with complimentary afternoon tea, served each day
- 24-hour room service is always there and always free of charge, perfect for morning coffee, breakfast in bed, in-cabin dining or a late-night snack
- You can also help yourself to unlimited tea, coffee, fruit juices and freshly-baked snacks in selected venues
- It goes without saying that all tips are included too, along with bar service charges
- Complimentary Wi-Fi is yours to enjoy throughout your cruise, perfect for researching destinations, sending emails and keeping in touch back home
- Saga will even arrange your tourist visas free of charge, should you need them.