March 27th, 2017 by Francesca Bandini
Have you ever thought about a ship with all balconies? Singles’ favourite cruise line Saga is adding a new small size all balcony ship to its fleet. The new ship will be launched in summer 2019. However, the new itineraries are due to be unveiled sooner, September 2017 . Now, we are going to reveal a preview and also a special limited offer.
What will Saga’s new ship look like?
The new ship will continue to focus on the brand ethos which is “one ship for everybody” and the decision to have balconies only certainly reflects this. The less than 1,000 passenger ship is being built in Hamburg, at the Meyer Werft shipyard, the ships is told to have the highest technological specifications.
Fact sheet on the new Saga ship
- Intimate atmosphere & friendly service: cruising on board a small ship is like travelling with acquaintances and friends. Plus the excellent customer service is a bonus, you feel welcome.
- Sleek and elegant design: the interiors will be modern and contemporary
- 540 balcony cabins: cabins will be spacious
- 20% of accommodation for singles: singles will definitely love Saga even more!
- Single sitting dining: finally singles will have the option to dine on their own
- Signature lounge: one of the features that all of us are waiting to see is the Britannia lounge which”is going to be a magnificent signature space set across two decks” as David Pickett, new build director said.
- All restaurants for free: as a continuation of the Saga brand belief, the restaurants on board will be free of charge.
Saga’s small ships are very successful, they sell out very quickly and also, for this reason, an additional small ship was launched. The ship was created out of the necessity, but also to impress existing guests, its design was crafted by taking passengers’ ideas and feedback in mind.
Unique fine dining experiences revealed
Saga Cruises have worked hard to deliver the best food experience to their guests, across the five restaurants there will be signature dishes inspired by the destinations of the cruise, a great way to connect with the local culture. Let’s explore some of those areas in Spirit of Discovery.
Outside Lido: This space will host entertainment, but will also be one of the favourite spots for al fresco dining.
Asian Restaurant: Guests can taste authentic Asian cuisine at no extra cost.
Main Dining Room: This is a traditional dining area with elegant features such as the double-height ballroom-style ceiling, designers took inspirations from London’s top hotels to conceive this spectacular space.
Living room: This space will be the main area of the ship, where passengers can relax before and after dinner. Refreshments will be available all day, including coffee and afternoon tea.
Looking forward to set sail on Saga’s new ship “Spirit of Discovery”?
Advance register today to guarantee your space on board. Your advance pre-registration costs only £90pp and you will receive an additional 5% of the usual discounted fare. Remember there are only 10,000 spaces available.
If for any reason you can not make your cruise, you will get a full refund.
Please contact us 0800 368 9059 to secure your place on Saga’s new ship at the best price.
March 8th, 2017 by Francesca Bandini
Symphony of the Seas will sail from April 2018 and sailings are on sale from today! The other good news is that there is also an early booking saving of 30% off plus up to $400 per stateroom to spend onboard (book by 1st May 2017).
During the Summer she will be sailing from Barcelona, then she will be heading to Miami to sail the Caribbean together with her sister ships.
It was only last year when Royal Caribbean christened the biggest cruise ship in the world, Harmony of the Seas, since then the success of the company is never ending.
Symphony of Seas, whose name was accidentally announced on the construction site, will be 230,000 GTR and will have the WOW factor. As the other ships of the same class, thrilling experiences onboard will be happening, including the Ultimate Abyss slide (or a revisited version), the Flow Rider, a wave simulator, Ice Skating ring and the rock climbing wall.
We are sure that even this time, Royal Caribbean will prepare even more spectacular features to explore…
SPECIAL OFFER on SYMPHONY OF THE SEAS
Mediterranean adventure – first announced sailing!
21 April 2018 | 7 nights
Barcelona – Palma De Mallorca – Marseilles – La Spezia (Florence/Pisa) – Rome – Naples – Barcelona
Ocean view from £789pp*
Including: 30% off plus $25pp onboard spend & our special discount!
Contact us 0800 368 9050 for more sailings – remember we will discount your cruise!
Introducing Symphony of the Seas
Terms and Conditions: Prices shown are subject to availability based upon 2 adults sharing the lowest available grade within the stateroom type specified. Offer is subject to availability and can be withdrawn at any time. The promotion is applicable to new bookings only made by 1 May 2017. Prices and availability are correct at time of publishing, and may go up or down. Full terms and conditions of the Cruise Line apply. Offer is not combinable with any other promotion. Errors and omissions excepted. Ocean World Travel booking conditions apply. Contact us for full terms and conditions.
March 1st, 2017 by Francesca Bandini
It was the 21st of November last year when Celebrity Cruises announced their newest and boldest ship going into construction. The Celebrity Edge will sail on her maiden voyage in Fall 2018. Her new itineraries and innovative luxurious features will be unveiled on the 13 March at 5pm live from Miami. They will all go on sale on the same day, so make sure you are ready.
Time left : Celebrity Edge cruises are on sale
This date marks a very important time for Celebrity Cruises, in fact, Edge is one of four new ships to announced, with Celebrity Beyond to arrive in spring 2020 and two more to be released soon after.
What’s the Edge class in a nutshell?
The Edge class aims at being an avant-garde in modern luxury. As the name suggests: “The new ships will be on the cutting edge of innovation and the leading edge of design” affirmed the Chairman and CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.
New ship: On the Edge design
We are all excited to discover more about the mesmerising features and contemporary decor of the ship. All we know is that the upcoming ships of the Edge class will be 117,000 tons and carrying 2,900 passengers. Nate Berkus has been appointed Design Ambassador. He will be transferring his eclectic personality onto the ship design. He is in fact a very distinctive personality in the industry who started at the early age of 24. Since then his philosophy has continued to thrive and influence many important brands.
Nate was chosen as he reflects the modern luxury concept with his own innovative projects never seen before and passion for travelling. He commented: “I love the idea that we can travel beautifully, and that every moment of the experience – from start to finish – is exceptional. That’s what the Edge Class is all about.”
We are eager to see what the Celebrity Edge has to offer, and even more excited to see its fabulous itineraries. What are your thoughts on this new ship? Already planning your next holiday on board? Leave your comments below!
October 27th, 2016 by Francesca Bandini
P&O Cruises building a new cruise ship is not a secret, in fact she was ordered on the 6 September 2016, but the details haven’t been released yet, until yesterday 26 October 2016 during an exclusive event at The Sky Garden in London: we were amongst the first to hear about those new exciting plans of this iconic ship to be launched by 2020.
What will the new P&O ship will look like?
As we know, this will not only be the biggest ship of the fleet but also the biggest ship ever built for the UK market, however she aims at demystifying all the cliches of a big ship. In fact, she will be eco-friendly and will also feature a lot of intimate and private places. The new ship will be 180,000 tons with a capacity of 5200 guests. Despite the bigger size the attempt to make guests feel like they are at their British home will be kept, however some innovations were necessary to attract also the next generation of cruisers.
Let’s see all the new and amazing concepts that will be brought to this new and green ship.
- Bringing the outside in: as the CEO of Carnival UK, David Noyes, said the effort throughout the ship is to bring the outside inside, so people can enjoy more stunning views and feel the ocean.
- Green cruising design: the importance of delivering an environmentally friendly ship is the highest priority, in fact, the ship will be using liquefied natural gas (LNG) to generate the primary source of power either in port or at sea, by doing that the emissions will be significantly lowered.
- The Dome: this already very appealing name will be the main stage for entertainment and also informal dining. What you will be able to see on the Dome? Very exciting shows and a new style of entertainment with aerial performances, projections on the roof. It will host: a pool with a retractable stage, water feature and whirlpools and obviously a majestic clear sky dome.
- Bright Atrium: the heart of every ship is the Atrium where guests arrive and this is the chance to impress them, the Atrium will have a grand staircase and will be illuminated by natural light, thanks to the glass walls installed over 3 decks!
- Extra luxury cabins: the cabin designed has been assigned to Acumen, a design company that worked on AirFrance first class, the innovative lie-flat beds by British Airways and also the luxurious suites in the sky by Eithad Airways.
- 17 venues for eating
- 12 places to have a drink with a sea view
- 7 speciality restaurants
- 9 places for breakfast
- 5 places for the much loved afternoon tea
- 7 coffee places
- 13 entertainment venues- from theatre to adult only venues
- 16 whirlpools
- 4 swimming pools
- 3 pop-up spaces
P&O new ship is looking to the future guests
This new ship is not disregarding past guests, but aims at welcoming a new generation of British cruisers, for this reason some innovations were necessary to make sure the cruising experience is able to suit different likings.
Cruises will be on sale from Autumn 2018, meanwhile, do you know the name of the new ship?
Neither do we, because guests will decide the name of the P&O new cruise ship… How? Instructions to follow, soon!
More news from P&O Cruises
- EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: New show on board in partnership with Jonny Wilkes
— P&O Cruises (@pandocruises) October 26, 2016
- New SWIMMING LESSONS: in partnership with Mark Foster P&O Cruises will provide swimming lessons and more on larger ships
- NEW SHOW PREVIEW: ‘lovely new on board show ‘Money makes the world go round’ by Ruthie Henshall
— P&O Cruises – Agents (@POC_AgencySales) October 26, 2016
Photo credit: © Steve Dunlop Photography